- No products in the cart.
Hurricane Preparedness Be sure you pack your survival gear in durable storage containers that can be easily reach in an emergency.
From Ready.gov Prepare a basic emergency supply kit which can include the following recommended items:
- Water – one gallon of water per person per day for at least five, for drinking and sanitation
- Food – at least a five-day supply of non-perishable food
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert
- First aid kit
- Extra batteries
- Whistle to signal for help
- Dust mask to help filter contaminated air and plastic sheeting and duct tape to shelter-in-place
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties for personal sanitation
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Manual can opener for food
- Local maps
- Cell phone with chargers and a backup battery